Sunday, May 18, 2008

peanutbuttanjellay

I drew a polar bear on a bike a few posts back and now I'm doing a grizzly on a unicycle...I think my subconscious is telling me to buy a bear suit and join the circus. This one started out as a test and turned into something fun. The happy/sad face was inspired by an SNL skit that made me pee my pants (not really)...so i gave it a shot. I worked larger than usual and used markers to get textures that followed the forms. I posted a detail so you guys and gals can get a closer look. Nos Vemos.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Was the SNL sketch about a surprise birthday party?

Juan Carlos Porras said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juan Carlos Porras said...

F@*king sick! Dude, its time for the back story!!!

SEILER said...

Fantastic work, absolutely love your style!!!

Ricardo Betancourt said...

Yea that bear is rad. Glad that your posting frequently Willie, keep it up. Its really refreshing, and inspiring to check your blog and see one of your awesome drawings.

jimmyjames said...

fantastic willie-
seriously, i think you need to do a book on bicycles. to me, aside from the teeth and eyes of your characters, your bikes are a true signature. no pressure tho ;)
-

RAWLS said...

Great marker work Will! Love the unicycle!

Ed Ko said...

Hey Willie, it was nice to meet you at the AAU. Great stuffs as usual!

ken said...

nice bear...the hair is awsome...

Joshua James said...

Haha. Awesome!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see more!

Tobias Schwarz said...

great bear and fantastic blog!